Sunday, February 12, 2012

28 Day Diet | Day 20

I always hear that breakfast is the most important meal of the day.  I will admit however that it is not always on my list of to-dos.  As a mother I make sure the kids get something in their systems before heading to the bus stop but none of us are huge breakfast eaters, unless someone is treating at IHOP.  Dr. Oz has a quick fix, with today's task he is challenging us to automate breakfast as in KISS, Keep it Simple Sexy (LOL).  Suggestions for quick no-fuss morning energy are below:

Blueberry and Banana Smoothie - loaded with essential nutrients to help you start your day as well as fiber.

1/2 large ripe banana broken into chunks
1/3 cup soy protein
1/2 Tbsp flaxseed oil
1/4 cup frozen blueberries
1/2 Tbsp. honey
1 tsp. psyllium seed husks
8 ozs of water

Blend all ingredients well and enjoy!

Hmm, I wonder if they have this at Jamba Juice (well he did say automate)

Grapefruit with Greek yogurt - this power punch gives you healthy doses of vitamin C, lycophene (helps fight cancer) and probiotics.  Grab a juicy California grapefruit (trust me I wasn't paid for that one) and your favorite Greek yogurt to add to the side.

Speaking of breakfast it's time to get up and make some for the kiddies.  No better time to start than the present. 

With Style,


Trying new pics - Don't judge me!


StyleDIVA

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin