Friday, October 7, 2011

It all started with a status update...Diva Upgrade 5.0

Back in August I posted this on my personal Facebook page as my status


That particular day I was feeling yucky...empty...like something was missing from my life.  I was going through the motions but wasn't really there.  I'm sure some of you reading this can relate.  I needed to get what I was feeling out, but who wants to read a Facebook status update that says "feeling yucky...empty...like something is missing from my life?" 

Not me.

So what did I do - I posted "I think it's time to upgrade to Erika 5.0". And well things took off from there.  I mentioned it to Robin on the show that Saturday (August 20th) and in true fashion Robin said that she too needed a change and agreed to take on the challenge. 

And thus Diva Upgrade 5.0 was born.

So what exactly is a Diva Upgrade?  Well thanks for asking.  The upgrade to Diva 5.0 means that we are moving on to bigger and better things.  That we are taking inventory of our current lives and making changes to those aspects of our life that need to be changed.  For Robin and I, we are focusing on the following areas:
  • Health and Wellness - we are revamping our diet (becoming more conscious of what we put in our mouths) and getting physical (got to stay mean and lean).
  • Finance - learning how to stretch that all mighty dollar and learn how to live that Diva lifestyle without going broke.
  • Signature Style - getting rid of the "mom jeans"...okay I really don't have "mom jeans" but I am notorious for wearing sweats everyday (hey that is what happens when you can work from home).  We're ready to ditch our current look and dress like the Divas we are on the inside. 
  • Mentor - every GREAT person has one, two, three...okay several people that they can talk too...that they look up to for almost every aspect of their lives.  We're putting together our dream team of mentors/friends to help us for this transformation.
Each week Robin and I will post an update on where we are with the upgrade...the good...the bad...and the ugly.  Yep you'll find it all here...video and all.  :-)  So make sure you sign up to get the email alerts when a new post is available. Ok?

How long is this going to last, you ask? 

Our short term goal is to work on the new and improved Divas for the remainder of 2011 and unveil our "new" look in January 2012.  However we're also realistic here and know that well, life happens and things may not go as planned.  And we're okay with that too.  But we're sticking to the Jan 2012 goal anyway.  Because as our good friend Marlin Page stated in our show last week, there are No Excuses for not living the life you have always dreamed of living.

Let us know if you're interested in doing your own personal Diva Upgrade.  What areas of your life ado you want to change?  Share with us in the comments section below.  We would LOVE to hear from you.

So here is to the new and improved you...no I mean us...okay me...


(you get the picture)

Ciao Bella
The Event Diva


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin